"They only take 10 minutes in a pressure cooker."

I was talking to my mom about how long it takes to cook dried beans. The last time I made turtle (black) beans, I had to cook them for 1-1/2 hours and that was even after I soaked them overnight. She told me to make them in the pressure cooker because they only take 10 minutes. I've only used my cooker a few times so I decided to give it a shot. Well, you know how people talk about pressure cookers exploding? Yeah, well, I kind of experienced that firsthand...


While the beans only took 10 minutes to cook, it took me 1-1/2 hours to clean the exploded beans off the ceiling, the window, the dishes, the floor, the rug, the fridge, etc.

Never again! That pressure cooker is going back to the thrift store from whence it came!

Comments

Kathy said…
OH my word!!! I don't have one, but I have always been kind of afraid of them. On the bright side, now your kitchen is really clean?? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl