12.04.2013

Yarn Along: Beautiful Pashmina

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Pashmina Cowl
A week before Thanksgiving I decided that I was going to knit a few different cowls to give as Christmas gifts. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! I knit one of these for myself a few years ago and I really like it so I figured I would crank out another one.
Pattern: Pashmina Cowl by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: I have no idea what this yarn is; I think my mom gave it to me after finding it at a rummage sale. It's super soft but kind of a pain to knit with because the strands like to get stuck together.

Reading: Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon
I just finished this audiobook and it's a good one! A mentally handicapped girl escapes from an institution with her guy friend to have a baby. The authorities are after them so they leave the baby in the hands of an elderly woman. The book is about the woman's dedication in keeping the baby safe, the girl's quest to find her baby again, and the guy's quest to find the girl and the baby. Follow all that? If you enjoy audiobooks I highly recommend this one.



FO: Rachelle's Cowl
I also just finished knitting this pretty cowl which is a free pattern on Rav. Originally I was going to gift it to my sister-in-law but I may hang onto it for awhile. Isn't it pretty? This was my first time knitting with Unforgettable yarn but I have a feeling that it won't be my last. I love the color variation and you can't beat the price. The rows alternate between K2tog, YO and straight knitting which gives the cowl a nice texture.
Pattern: Rachelle's Cowl by Rachelle Mathews
Yarn: Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Colorway Petunia


What are you knitting/reading this week?


8 comments:

Donna said...

Such a pretty cowl! It almost looks like hand spun yarn - I would never have guessed it was Red Heart!

Anne said...

Very pretty cowl! Love the blue yarn you're using for the Pashmina Cowl. Very nice work.:-)

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

What a beautiful set of cowls. Thanks for the book recommendation... I've seen that one around, but been kind of nervous about it for some reason. Your review makes it sound less daunting!

Brienne said...

Audiobooks work best for me so that I can knit and sew while I listen. Thanks for the recommendation and beautiful knitting. Good luck with your gift - goals!

Leigh k said...

I love this and the yarn looks so soft!! Off to Rav to add it to my list ~ thanks for stopping by to say hello at Wren House! Nice to meet you and happy knitting!

Cathie J said...

I love the color of that cowl. Such a pretty pattern.

karen c said...

Nice projects! Love that blue yarn :)

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting me! Very pretty projects. i haven't really tried audio books but they must be great to go along with knitting. Juliex