Yarn Along: Cape Edgewood

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Shoulder Cape
On Fridays I meet with a group of ladies to spin at The Copper Llama, my LYS in Clintonville, Wisconsin. We all decided to spin yarn and then knit the same project. Originally we were going to knit a vest and I needed over 400 yards of a single color to do it along with about 100 yards of a contrasting color. Now we switched our project to a shoulder cape which is way more my style. The body will be in the grayish color but I am adding in a diagonal stripe in the purple. I think it will turn out really cool!
Pattern: Shoulder Cape by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: My own handspun

This is a photoshopped image of what I hope to accomplish:


Also Knitting: Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL
I don't want to spoil anyone's fun so if you want to see my progress, please visit my Rav project page. I started with Clue 1B and now I'm doing 2B. I'm really glad that I signed up for this KAL because I'm learning a lot.

Reading: Edgewood by Karen McQuestion
I won this book in a giveaway and I'm not very far into it yet so I'm not sure I can tell you much. The main character, Russ, is a teenage boy who experiences an abnormal light event late one night. From a group of other teens he learns that his body was altered from the lights and he now has a gift. The other teens are gifted as well but people are after them so they must be careful. Definitely a young adult book. We'll see how it goes. The price was right. 

FO: Boot Cuffs
Last winter I participated in a craft exchange with a few of Christian's relatives. Two of his cousins and I decided to do the exchange again this winter. Alyssa requested boot cuffs so I happily obliged. I really love how these turned out and will be making a pair for myself. I modified the pattern ever so slightly: After knitting 10 rows in rib, I knit 20 rows then only 5 rows in rib to finish the cuff. I should have bound off in rib but the pattern didn’t say to do so. Next time I will.
Pattern: Basic Boot Cuff by Mindy Lewis (free on Rav)
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash

 

I just had to add in this photo. I was trying to get a picture of the boots from a distance so I set the timer on the camera. Both dogs are looking at me and thinking "What is she DOING?" LOL.


What are you knitting/reading this week?




Comments

Sue Speechley said…
I love your yarn, such a great colour, the pattern looks good too. Thanks for visiting my blog, glad you enjoyed our touch of spring, lets hope we don't get any snow!
Sue - Granny's World
Kathy said…
I love the pic with your dogs! LOL

I am knitting a very simple project, still a beginner. I'm making a garter stitch scarf for my niece's doll. :-) And because I'm knitting, I'm not reading anything right now!
Sarah said…
Your boot cuffs are adorable! The shoulder cape is a beautiful pattern too.
Amy Powell said…
I love the idea of that knitted cape. can't wait to see what you put together.
flyingjen said…
I love the idea of boot cuffs, but I don't have any boots to wear them with. The picture of your dogs is hilarious! I'm sure they thought you were a crazy woman!
Wendy said…
Really like both the boot cuffs and the shoulder cape!
karen said…
love your boot cuffs! That timer setting does come in handy when you are alone and want a photo of knitwear!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher