Yarn Along: Pom-Pom Longbourn

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: Shoulder Cape
The diagonal stripe that I envisioned for this wrap is turning out nicely. Isn't it nice when things work out as you planned? I've only been working on this on Fridays so I haven't made much progress since I last posted.
Pattern: Shoulder Cape by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: My own handspun





Also Knitting: Square Knitted Baby Hat with Pom-Poms
My husband's cousin requested this knit hat for her little girl, Amelia. The pattern is written for a newborn and Amelia will be a toddler when she wears it so I've had to do quite a bit of adjusting to make the pattern work. After 5 tries, I think I finally have the right number of stitches and right size needles for it to turn out.
Pattern: Square Knitted Baby Hat with Pom-Poms by Janet Ballweber (free on Rav)
Yarn: Cascade Sunseeker (Personally, I can't stand this color but she wanted pink, so pink she gets.)

Also Knitting: Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL
I don't want to spoil anyone's fun so if you want to see my progress, please visit my Rav project page. So far I've done Clue 1B, 2B, 3B and I think I might do 4B. I didn't set out to knit all B's but that's just how it's turning out!


Reading: Longbourn by Jo Baker
This is the story of the servants who run the Bennet estate called Longbourn. While it's not necessary to know Pride and Prejudice to understand the plot, it certainly helps you dive a little deeper into the story. Sarah, one of the servants, dreams of what may be waiting for her in the outside world. She develops a crush on a servant from the Bingley estate simply because he noticed her. In the meantime, a new young man that is working at Longbourn starts to fall for Sarah but fears he is not worthy of her affection for some past wrongdoing. I am loving this book.

Speaking of loving books, I just finished an amazing audiobook: 
Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World by Jennifer Armstrong
This is the true story of Ernest Shackleton's attempt to cross Antarctica in the early 1900s. His ship became trapped in the ice and the entire crew was forced to endure horrible conditions for over a year while they fought to survive in the harsh and unforgiving landscape. Just when you think things can't get worse, they do. Remarkably, everyone survived.


What are you knitting/reading this week?



Comments

flyingjen said…
Longbourn sounds very interesting. I'm going to put it on my very long list of books to read.
Erica Saint said…
Lovely knitting! Longbourn sounds great.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher