Yarn Along: 3 FOs

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.

Reading: The Round House by Louise Erdrich
I'm still struggling through the Round House. Since this book deals with a boy's mother being raped and the hunt to find out who did it, it's not a book that I find myself excited to read. What a tough topic! This is our book club pick for next month and I'm sure it will generate some interesting discussion.

Knitting: Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL Shawl
I'm still working on my Follow Your Arrow Shawl (still!) and the going is very slow. I'm halfway through the last clue but it takes me a 1/2 hour to knit one row. Ugh. In the meantime, I finished up some other projects.



FO: Another Wrap
This is a pattern that I came up with myself. Some of my knitting friends were asking me to share it with them. I finally went back and rewrote the pattern so someone other than me can understand it. Next, I'm going to have a few of them test-knit it. For another pretty color combo, click here.
Pattern: My own (I hope to share soon!)
Yarn - 2 strands held together: Cascade Yarns 128 Superwash in colorway 1960 (teal) and Plymouth Yarn Bazinga in colorway 4



FO: Scoops Hat
I love how this hat turned out and really wanted to keep it for myself but I made it for Christian's cousin for a craft swap. I love how you can wear it slouchy or with the ribbing folded back. I think it looks great either way.
Pattern: Scoops! by Ashley Solley (free on Rav)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 in colorway 8505 (white) and Cascade Yarns 220 Heathers in colorways 2442 (gray) and walnut



FO: Another Drop Stitch Cowl
I knit this for a blogger craft exchange and shipped it off to my swap partner in Massachusetts. I also sent her some stitch markers and mason jar notepads. To see what I received from my swap partner, click here.
Pattern: Drop Stitch Cowl by Abi Gregorio (free on Rav)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Lana Grande in colorway crimson


Whew! Now I just need to finish that darn shawl!

What are you knitting/reading this week?



Comments

karen said…
Love your hat very much indeed!! I love slow going knitting projects, hopefully you'll have chunks of time so you feel you're making progress!! Beautiful knitting!!
fjord girl said…
I really like the shawl- great colors, I bet it's super practical.
Julie Crawford said…
ooh, a great caplet, I love the colours! and that hat is perfection, the pom pom and proportion of stripes look great.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher