Yarn Along: 3-Strand House

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: 3-Strand Cowl with Fringe
My friend owns a LYS and she wanted a shop sample using the yellow yarn. I was happy to oblige! This is a super fast knit due to the size 35 needles. I actually have the cowl done now and just need to add the fringe. I love the color combo and think that if we ever have kids, I want to do the nursery in gray and yellow. 
Pattern: Gray 3-Strand Cowl with Fringe by Louis Chicquette (free on Rav)
Yarn: 3 yarns held together - Cascade Lana Grande colorway 6043 gray, Plymouth Encore colorway 460 yellow, and Plymouth Encore colorway 256 white


Reading: The Round House by Louise Erdrich
This is our book club pick for next month. I'm not very far into it yet but so far it's taking me a long time to read a page. Not in the sense that it's boring but the style of writing takes me extra time to read and comprehend. Do you ever feel like certain writing styles take you longer to read? Anyways, the main character's mom is brutally raped and he and his dad, a judge, are trying to figure out who did it. Was it someone else on the Indian reservation? It's a tough topic that should generate some interesting discussions when my club meets.

What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

karen said…
I find classics take a while to get into to the writing style. I'm not fond of mindless descriptive narrative either. Love the knitting! I wish I had a lys friend...
fjord girl said…
Beautiful color combo.
I like those colors together, especially that yellow. How lucky are you to have a friend that owns a LYS!

Completely understand what you mean about comprehending writing styles. I've put down several books for that reason.

Thanks for taking the time to come by my blog today. I'm going to poke around yours more for a bit :)
Sarah McKelvy said…
There are DEFINITELY writing styles that take longer to read. I can see why this would be a hard book to get into.

Nice knitting. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher