4.30.2014

Yarn Along: The Language of Booties

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


FO: Baby Leg Warmers
My cousin is expecting her first child. They are going to cloth diaper so I thought these little leggings would be a cute gift to go with some cloth diapers. They are not finding out the gender of the baby so that's why I went with the colors I did. I really love how these turned out.
Pattern: Leg Warmers by Nikki Van De Car
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks FX in Colorway Clover Colours


Knitting: Baby Booties
I had yarn from the leg warmers leftover so I thought I would make some baby booties. Once I got started I realized that I probably would not have enough yarn to make two booties so I switched to a different yarn for the foot. Luckily, I had some yarn in my stash that would match the rainbow yarn.
Pattern: Baby Blue Booties by Val Pierce
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks FX in Colorway Clover Colours and Louet Gems Sport Weight in Colorway Ginger.

Reading: The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. The main character, Victoria, has spent her childhood in and out of foster and group homes. Now eighteen, she is kicked out on the streets and has to fend for herself. Victoria has a passion for flowers and uses them to communicate her feelings much as was done during courting in the old days. She finds a job at a small flower shop and finally begins to trust in not only herself, but others.

Reading: One Night in Winter: A Novel by Simon Sebag Montefiore
I won this book off of Goodreads so I wasn't sure what to expect but so far I am loving it. The setting is Moscow. A group of privileged kids (sons and daughters of some of the most powerful government officials in Russia) form a club called the Fatal Romantics. When an accident happens, the kids are taken from their homes and interrogated while their parents must keep quiet because no one can speak against the actions of Comrade Stalin. Because those that do disappear. I spent over three weeks in Russia in 2004 and some things over there are still really messed up. I enjoy reading about the country and, after having been there, can really imagine these things happening.


What are you knitting/reading this week?




6 comments:

wifemomknitter said...

Love the colors of your projects.

I fell in love with The Language of Flowers when I received an Advanced Reader's copy of the book and have highly recommended it ever since. I even use the Flower Dictionary in the back when I have to buy flowers for someone.

Zauberflink said...

These are just lovely! And I really like the colour - such a beautiful baby gift!!

Meadow said...

Love the colors!

Donna said...

Your legwarmers are lovely - I love the colours in the yarn. Lucky baby! I think I'll be putting The Language of Flowers on my reading list :)

ducksinthepond.com said...

I love the leg warmers! The color way is beautiful for boy or girl. How fun it will be to have a pair of matching booties, too. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. Have a great weekend! :)

karen said...

I loved that book immensely :) Your leg warmers are so cute and I love the color changes!