Yarn Along: Paleo Grove

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Grove Mitts
According to Rav, I started these mittens in October of 2012. Yikes! I think it's about time that I finished them, don't you? The pattern really is lovely but definitely demands attention. No watching TV while knitting these!
Pattern: Grove by Jared Flood
Yarn: Knit One, Crochet Two Linus in colorway 445

Reading: A whole mess of Paleo, Gluten-Free and Grain-Free cookbooks
I've had inflammation in my intestines for 2 years now. I'm on a restrictive diet right now (gluten-free, dairy-free, and then some) but I still have problems. I've been researching going totally grain-free because grains can be inflammatory. We'll see... I believe that I can fix things through diet without medication. So far I've been able to greatly improve my symptoms but I still have a little ways to go.


FO: 3-Strand Cowl with Fringe
My friend owns a LYS and she wanted a shop sample using the yellow yarn. I was happy to oblige! This was a super fast knit due to the size 35 needles. I like how you can wear it as a capelet or a chunky cowl. 
Pattern: Gray 3-Strand Cowl with Fringe by Louis Chicquette (free on Rav)
Yarn: 3 yarns held together - Cascade Lana Grande colorway 6043 gray, Plymouth Encore colorway 460 yellow, and Plymouth Encore colorway 256 white


FO: Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL Shawl
I finally finished my shawl and I love it! I like to wear it wrapped a few times around my neck more like a scarf than a shawl. I followed clues 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B, and 5A. I admit that the 500+ rows for clue 5B scared me into knitting clue A for the last set. I was at the point where I just wanted to get it done!
Pattern: Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Fingering in Colorway Ginseng 

What are you knitting/reading this week?


Comments

karen said…
your shawls are lovely! I love the arrow one looks so pretty on you. I believe you can fix your health without meds as well.
Love the super chunky cowl, the yellow is a fun little pop of colour

Martina :)
Wow! I really like that last shawl, especially. You did a great job!
Donna said…
I'm in total agreement on fixing things without meds. It is definitely possible. Your shawl/cowl is gorgeous!
Mrs. Ohly-Davis said…
Your "arrow" shawl turned out really well! I like the result of the choices you made! Best wishes on your wellness journey.
Amy Caroline said…
Good luck with your research. It is so hard to have to fight food issues. We have all sorts of them in our family. And sometimes it seems we are headed to a Paleo diet, whether we like it or not! lol I highly recommend Practical Paleo, which I saw at the bottom of your stack.
Love the mystery shawl! I kept thinking about joining in for that, but never really got 'round to it.
CathieJ said…
You must finish those pretty mittens. I love the arrow shawl.
Elizabeth said…
Ooh the grey/white/yellow shawl is delicious! And I haven't seen another Arrow that looks at all like yours, it's great! Have a lovely week.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park