5.07.2014

Yarn Along: Lattice Winter

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Cap Sleeve Lattice Top
I just cast on this top that I've had on my to-make list forever. I purchased the yarn for the top years ago so there's really no excuse for not starting it earlier. I needed an easy project for a long car ride and this seemed like the perfect thing to knit.
Pattern: Cap Sleeve Lattice Top by Purl Soho (free on Rav)
Yarn: Kimmet Croft Softie in Natural Medium Grey and Kimmet Croft Fat Fairyhare in Natural

Reading: One Night in Winter: A Novel by Simon Sebag Montefiore
(repost from last week) I won this book off of Goodreads so I wasn't sure what to expect but so far I am loving it. The setting is Moscow. A group of privileged kids (sons and daughters of some of the most powerful government officials in Russia) form a club called the Fatal Romantics. When an accident happens, the kids are taken from their homes and interrogated while their parents must keep quiet because no one can speak against the actions of Comrade Stalin. Because those that do disappear. I spent over three weeks in Russia in 2004 and some things over there are still really messed up. I enjoy reading about the country and, after having been there, can really imagine these things happening. 



FO: Baby Booties
I had yarn from the baby leg warmers leftover so I thought I would make some baby booties. Once I got started I realized that I probably would not have enough yarn to make two booties so I switched to a different yarn for the foot. Luckily, I had some yarn in my stash that would match the rainbow yarn.
Pattern: Baby Blue Booties by Val Pierce
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks FX in Colorway Clover Colours and Louet Gems Sport Weight in Colorway Ginger

What are you knitting/reading this week?

7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Just love the baby bootees they are so cute.

Hege said...

Cute little booties!
It seems like everyone is knitting that top ;)
I have that book on my to read list. I hope it is as good as I imagine it to be..

karen said...

Lucky you winning a book:) love the booties very adorable. I also love the yarn you are knitting with for the sweater!

Kathy said...

I just joined Ravelry so that I could see the top you are making! My username is kathyalderfer. :-)

Zauberflink said...

Lovely booties! And it works well with the yarn for the foot!

CathieJ said...

Great top. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished top. Great booties also.

SecondStory Loft said...

Oh my goodness! Those booties are adorable!!