Yarn Along: Homegrown Mystery

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: A Mystery Gift
I'm still working on a surprise gift and I just turned the corner so that means that I'm more than halfway done. Woohoo! I've found that color coding the charts on this project has been a huge help.

Yarn: Knit Picks Swish in Colorway Goldrush Tonal

Reading: Homegrown & Handmade: A Practical Guide to More Self-Reliant Living by Deborah Niemann
I picked up this book after seeing it a few weeks ago in someone else's reading pile. It's good! A lot of the information is a general overview of how to get started in canning, raising chickens, etc. and you would probably want to pick up project-specific books if you really wanted to get involved in some of these things. But there has been a lot of helpful tips in things we are already dabbling in. 


Also Reading: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
Such a good book! It's about a young immigrant Irish girl who is sent to live with a few different families after she loses her parents in a fire in the 1920's. In the present-day chapters, a foster child is doing community service hours cleaning out the attic of the aforementioned orphan girl. 


FO: Homesocks
These homesocks took me 2 weeks to knit which is a quick knit for me! I really love how they turned out. I think they'll make a great Christmas gift - I just haven't figured out who to give them to yet.
Pattern: R0082 Alaska Color Homesocks by Regia Design Team (free on Rav)
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Gina in Colorway Autumn



What are you knitting/reading this week?


Comments

Donna said…
I love both the color of the socks and the pattern. I just want to put them on and make my feet warm!
karen said…
I wish the mystery gift was for me :) Love that shade of burnt yellow!
Donna said…
Hi Kelly! Thanks for commenting on my blog:-) I just wanted to answer your question - the photo was taken in Bristol RI at this little beach we go to at Mt. Hope Farm. Great place to get clams and quiet enough to let the dog loose and go swimming.
Grace said…
The surprise gift looks beautiful and the book looks very interesting as well!
HillyT said…
Love the colour of your surprise gift, it's going to be stunning. Those socks are a great idea for a present, I'm just beginning to think about Christmas knitting as well.
wifemomknitter said…
I'm fascinated by this mystery project.

Orphan Train sounds like a REALLY good book. I'll have to see if it's available at my library.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher