Yarn Along: Mystery Beast

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: A Mystery Gift
I'm still working on a surprise Christmas gift. I just started the third skein and I'm halfway done with the final chart. The end is in sight!
Pattern: Check out my Rav page. (I know the gift recipient isn't on Rav so I'm safe sharing it.)
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish in Colorway Goldrush Tonal

Reading: An Indomitable Beast: The Remarkable Journey of the Jaguar by Alan Rabinowitz
I'm only a few pages into this book but if it's as good as Rabinowitz's other books, I know I'll love it. I actually got to visit Cockscomb Basin in Belize a few years back where the author established the world's first jaguar preserve. Jaguar is one of my favorite books of all time and it was so cool to visit the different sites that are talked about in the book and to meet some of the local Mayans as well!


FO: Toddler Hat
I knit this little hat for Christian's cousin who is expecting her first baby (a boy!) in November. I couldn't attend the baby shower but sent this in the mail. I love how it turned out!
Pattern: The base of the hat loosely follows the Tiger Stamped hat pattern by Kate Oates. The motif is my own design.
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in colorways 859 & 888.


FO: Shoulder Cape
This knit is pretty special because it's made entirely with my own handspun yarn! As soon as I slip it over my shoulders I can feel the warmth envelope me. Isn't wool amazing? I added the stripe to the pattern for a little extra pop. I wish I would have made the stripe a little wider but, oh well.
Pattern: Shoulder Cape by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: My own handspun!



What are you knitting/reading this week?

PS - Poor Winston couldn't figure out why I would leave him inside while I was taking photos out on the deck.



Comments

flyingjen said…
Poor Winston indeed! Gorgeous cape! I love it!
Donna said…
Apis Dorsata just got added to my Rav queue! I love your cape. And I love that you used your handspun! That will certainly keep you warm over the coming months.
momto5 said…
love the hat and cape. and the surprise project!! love swish tonal!! great yarn choice. :)
CathieJ said…
I love the cape. I think the stripe is just the right width. The baby hat is adorable also. I am looking forward to seeing the finished secret project. It is a great color.
karen said…
you look so beautiful! Cape and the photos :) fantastic knit, love the hat and still crushing on the big mystery knit you have on the needles.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher