Yarn Along: The Midwife's Sunnyside

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Baby Sunnyside
I'm doing a KAL with Tanis Fiber Arts. Participants can knit either the Lady Sunnyside or the Baby Sunnyside cardigan. Since the KAL only runs for a month, I picked the Baby cardigan because I knew there would be no way to finish an adult project in such a short amount of time. Now I'm not so sure I'll finish the Baby one by October 24th either! This pattern is giving me all kinds of grief. First I missed the buttonhole directions in the first 10 rows so I had to go back. Then I got into the stockinette section and forgot about knitting the first and last 5 stitches of each row. Fixed that. And then I realized that I added a m1l on 5 rows when I wasn’t supposed to. Arg! So, I frogged the entire project and started over fresh. So far I've been mistake free. While I enjoy a challenge, frogging is so disheartening, isn't it?
Pattern: Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee (free on Rav!)
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight in colorway Chestnut (I think this may be the most beautiful yarn I've ever knit with!)

Reading: The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain
I just finished this audiobook on the drive home yesterday. I spent many commutes with tears in my eyes. Such an emotional book! If I tell you what it's about, that will spoil the mystery but the story touches on deep friendships, a midwife's struggles, and the unbreakable bond between mother and daughter. I highly recommend it!


What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

fjord girl said…
That is going to be beautiful- love the yarn- she does such a good job with her dyeing and that cardi is too cute!
Happy Knitting.
flyingjen said…
I was supposed to have 4 button holes on my Sylvi and I have 2. I"m going to google to see if I can add later. I'm not frogging.
Donna said…
What pretty yarn. That is going to be so beautiful!!
LeeLee said…
This sounds like such a great project. I definitely miss knitting.
Juliann said…
Sorry you had to frog back. That has been me too often lately.
I love audio books!
Gail Gunnoe said…
Looks like nice wool, I hate it when you have to frog something, lovely autumny colors in your wool. Also not sure what channel the Outlander series is on as I don't live in the US, the author is Diana Gabaldon she has a blog and website.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher