Yarn Along: Sunnyside Summit

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Baby Sunnyside
This baby cardigan is a KAL with Tanis Fiber Arts. I'm glad Tanis extended the finish date out a bit because there's no way I was going to finish on time. I still have a long way to go - sometimes I forget how long it takes to knit with little yarn on little needles. After a rough start with this pattern (had to rip out twice!) now I'm in the groove. I love the soft cables and the yarn colorway is amazing. Doesn't it just scream "autumn"?
Pattern: Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee (free on Rav!)
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight in colorway Chestnut




Reading: To the Summit by Margo Chisholm
Margo overcomes an addiction to drugs and a serious eating disorder and finally starts living for herself at age 40. She realizes a passion for climbing mountains and sets a goal to climb the highest peak on each continent. While I love adventure, I have no desire to climb peaks so high that you don't have enough oxygen to breathe - but I sure do like reading about it!



What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

karen said…
gorgeous gorgeous yarn you are knitting with!! I can't wait to see the cardi all finished up!
Lea Lacoste said…
that sounds like a good book, need to check it out (also makes me think a lot of Wild by Sheryl Strayed which is amazing, highly recommend it!)
fjord girl said…
Love that colorway Kelly- perfect for this season.
Ps. My son doesn't read my blog so he wouldn't care ....he.he.
Donna said…
It's such beautiful yarn. It really does take a while to work with fingering weight yarn. I love how it looks but it just takes so so long!
Zauberflink said…
Your knitting looks gorgeous - pattern and yarn! I've been looking for a pattern for my 4 month old girl and might just go with this one. Thank you for sharing and the inspiration!
Lena x
flyingjen said…
That sounds like a great book. I'm going to put it in my library queue! I love books about climbing and adventure.
I have the sunnyside pattern but haven't decided what colour yarn to use yet - that and I knew there was no chance I'd get it finished for the KAL! Yours is coming along great though :)
Beautiful color!!
Visiting from Ginny's blog today. :) I recently purchased yarn from Tanis Fiber Arts, and I LOVE it! Your colourway is so beautiful. Can't wait to see the Sunnyside finished! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher