Yarn Along: Drop Stitch Wings

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


(Sorry about the horrible lighting!)

Knitting: Drop Stitch Cowl
Yesterday I went to Michaels Craft Store to buy buttons for a baby cozy that I've been working on. They didn't have what I wanted but then I spotted this AMAZING yarn on the end of the aisle. Well, I had to use my 40% off coupon for something, right? And that is how this cowl came to be.
Pattern: Drop Stitch Cowl by Abi Gregorio (free on Rav)
Yarn: Premier Yarns Isaac Mizrahi Craft in Colorway East End (Must be brand new because it's not even on Rav yet!)


Also Knitting: Baby Sunnyside
I'm still working on my baby cardigan but I'm getting very close to finishing! Maybe if I hadn't been distracted by the above yarn I'd be done by now!
Pattern: Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee (free on Rav!)
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight in colorway Chestnut



Reading: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
I'm not very far into this audiobook but it's already reminding me of The Help due to the relationships between the help and their masters. 

The book bounces between two characters: Sarah, a young woman growing up in the 1800s who wants to be a lawyer and doesn't believe in slavery, and Hetty (aka Handful), Sarah's handmaid. When Sarah was given Hetty on her 11th birthday she tried to set her free only to be disciplined. Since Sarah can't free her slave, she decides to make her life as good as she can make it - all behind her parent's backs, of course. She's a stubborn young woman who knows what she wants and won't take "no" for an answer. That in turn leads to all kinds of trouble.


What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

flyingjen said…
I loved that book! I have a store credit for Michael's. I may have to figure a project and go get some of that gorgeous yarn!
Desiree said…
I love your sweater. I tried knitting that once and got very lost in the pattern, plus the yarn I picked pooled and made the sweater look ugly. Yours is adorable!!!
Christine N said…
I love that baby sweater! I think my sister in law made that drop stitch cowl and it turned out really nice. That will be fun to wear when you finish.
I'm going to get that book, it sounds very interesting. Love the baby sweater!
Kelsey said…
what an adorable sweater!!! <3

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher