Yarn Along: Me Before Sunnyside

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: Baby Sunnyside
This baby cardigan is a KAL with Tanis Fiber Arts. The KAL ended last Friday but, clearly, I didn't finish on time. Oh well. Nothing to stress out about. The cardigan is finally starting to look like a cardigan and I just love how cute it is. I'll be keeping this one for myself. Into the hope chest for "someday".
Pattern: Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee (free on Rav!)
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight in colorway Chestnut



(Just Finished) Reading: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
This is one of those audiobooks that I can't stop thinking about. A vibrant young man is in an accident that leaves him a quadriplegic. He decides he wants to go to Dignitas (a Swiss group that will help him end his life) but promises his parents that he will wait 6 months to do so. They hire a caregiver, Lou, who makes it her mission to change his mind. 

In 2005 I suffered a neck injury and came millimeters away from being a quadriplegic myself. This book (and the movie Million Dollar Baby) really made me think about what might have been. Would I have the will to live if I was a quad? I would like to think so but it's one of those situations that until you're in it, you really don't know what you would do. I'm going to push for this book to be our next book club pick because I know it will lead to some interesting discussion.


What are you knitting/reading this week?



Comments

Jayne said…
That is a gorgeous yarn colour. That book sounds like a must read - what a scary experience for you.
Love your little cardigan. Sounds like a good read. I can see why you read it.
flyingjen said…
And in light of what happened in Oregon at the beginning of the month (I can't remember her name) it is a timely discussion. Great sweater too! You'll get it finished.
steph said…
what an adorable little sweater!!! (and I'm so with you on the book....I read it last year and it still somewhat haunts me)
Angela said…
Beautiful autumnal colorway. Goes very nicely with the cables.
Beautiful sweater!
karen said…
great sweater and that book sounds really good! I'll add it to my long long long list of to be read books :)
Beautiful! Great work!
fjord girl said…
Super cute! I bet this will be adored by the little one.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher