Christmas Eve Visitor

Christian called me as I was driving home from work on Christmas Eve and told me to sneak into the driveway. A huge bird was perched on the peak of our machine shed and he didn't want me to scare it away without seeing it.


Our visitor was a snowy owl! I've never seen one in the wild before so what a treat it was to have one at our farm. I watched him through the binoculars for a bit and then snapped a few photos. He hung out on the roof for a few hours presumably looking for dinner. 


What an awesome Christmas present from Mother Nature!

Comments

Adrian Cotter said…
cool! owls are such a rare treat
karen said…
Golly!! Gorgeous owl and you guys are lucky to have seen him/her :)
CraftyHope said…
How awesome indeed! We don't see the owls around here very much either, but do hear them from time to time. I actually spotted one last week just at dusk while driving home. I knew it was an owl because it looked like a large cat sitting on top of a phone pole rather than the sleek lines of a hawk or other large bird. I think it's great that your hubby called you and gave you notice so you could see him, mine would have done the same. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher