Lately: Early December Edition

The weekend that gun-deer season opens here is called Deer Widow's Weekend. Many towns have shopping sales, craft shows and other special events to keep the non-hunting women happy. One of those events was a Taste of Home Cooking School and guess who got to be a sous chef for a day!


I didn't have any fun at all! LOL. I ran my tail off from 8:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. but had a blast doing it. What a great experience!

My favorite local coffee shop had door prizes for Deer Widow's Weekend and I won this beautiful fresh swag made by The Lily Pad. You can't tell in the picture but this thing is BIG - close to 3' wide! Isn't it awesome? We have it hanging by our back door.


Christian got a nasty cold the week of Thanksgiving so we didn't make the trek to southern Wisconsin to see his family. He ended up spending Thanksgiving on the couch and I felt really bad that he didn't get to enjoy the holiday. My brother was having a small get-together at his house so I went over there for turkey dinner. My grandparents were there and I got the cutest picture of them with my brother's new kitten, Gus. 


The last picture I got of them together was at our wedding over 4 years ago so I'm glad I got a new one! They are both in their late 80's and I think I'm starting to panic a bit about how old they are getting. Hopefully they will be around for many more years to come. I sure do love them. They've been married for over 60 years. That's just amazing!

Comments

karen said…
they make a cute couple! So happy and very healthy looking!! Looks like a grand weekend :)
Kathy said…
What a precious photo of your grandparents. Treasure the times you have with them. I no longer have any living grandparents and miss them terribly. There is something so special about the relationship we have with our grandparents.

Beautiful evergreen swag!! Lucky you!
Julie Crawford said…
oh wow, what a fun event! and congrats on that beautiful, gigantic festive shag. And your grandparents look like such an amazing, special couple.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park