Yarn Along: Sunnyside Company

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Baby Sunnyside
I just finished my Baby Sunnyside cardigan that was supposed to be done in October for the KAL. Oops. Just a little bit behind schedule... In any case, I'm glad I slacked off on the project because Christian gave me those perfect pottery buttons for Christmas. I was really excited when I sewed them on and exclaimed, "Isn't this just the cutest thing you've ever seen?!!" Christian intoned, "Yes, dear." He just doesn't get excited about knitting like I do.
Pattern: Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee (free on Rav)
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering in Colorway Chestnut
Buttons: sheppardhandmade

Reading: In the Company of Others by Jan Karon
This is my first Karon book and I've been wondering why I haven't read some of her books before! The Irish accents really come through in the dialogue and I love that! And the sense of place... [SIGH]

Every winter my little library has an adult reading program called Biblio Bingo. Participants receive a bingo sheet and each square is a reading category. In order to get a stamp on your sheet, you have to read a book in that category (the librarians have pre-selected the books that qualify). Once you get 4 in a row, you receive a prize (mug, tote, notepads, etc.) and are entered into the drawing to win a gift basket. I've never read Karon before but this book was in one of the Bingo categories so I picked it up. And, that's the whole purpose of this reading program - to introduce readers to new authors. Pretty cool!


What are you knitting/reading?


Comments

Jayne Marti said…
Gorgeous cardigan - that pattern has just gone into my Rav queue! What a clever idea of your library. I will have to look for this book at mine.
Becky said…
So beautiful!
That is a cool idea for a reading club. I am really wanting a good book club but feel like so many are not truly book clubs.
Zauberflink said…
Oh wow, this is such a pretty cardigan! It makes me want to cast on straight away... Love the colour, too!
fjord girl said…
Simply lovely Kelly- pure perfection.
Desiree said…
Very nice cardigan. The yarn really pops with that pattern!
karen said…
gorgeous cardigan :) Love the buttons that you chose as well.
Such a pretty little cardi...the buttons are perfect! I've read that particular Karon book and loved it as well. Yes, a sense of place!!!
Elise said…
That's a gorgeous cardigan, yay you! I wish my library had a game like that, I'm there often enough to be a serious competitor! :)
Oh, I like the idea of a reading Bingo... That cardigan turned out soo sweet!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl