Yarn Along: Wrapped Up Finished

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



FO: Wrapped Up Poncho
I finished my poncho in time to wear it to the Madison Knit-In last Saturday! I am in love with how this knit turned out. I think the long stripes in the Colorflow yarn worked perfectly for this project. The funny thing is that I didn't get one comment on the poncho but I got about 15 compliments on my tote bag which was the first thing that I ever knit 6 years ago. 
Pattern: Wrapped Up by Susanne Sommer
Yarn: Blackberry Ridge Colorflow Yarn in colorway Santa Fe and Cascade 220 in colorway 8013 Walnut Heather (I think! Lost the tag for the 220.)




And here's my haul from the Knit-In. I had a list all made out ahead of time with yarns/rovings that I needed for upcoming projects and I'm proud of myself for sticking to it. The only impulse buy was the Silk/Bluefaced Leicester roving (the blue & green one) from River's Edge Fiber Arts. As I was on my way out of the Knit-In I checked the door prize chart and I won a gift certificate to River's Edge so of course I had to go back in and spend it!


The Quince & Co. Chickadee yarn will become a Madalynn cowl. The Yarn Hollow rovings will become a Freeport vest. And the River's Edge Chunky Monkey yarn will be a Tilled Scarf. I can't wait to get started!


What are you knitting/reading?


Comments

Jayne said…
Oh, look at all that yarn! Your poncho looks wonderful - I want one just like it!
steph said…
what a haul!!!! The madalynn cowl is my all time favorite cowl.....I think I wear it almost every day!! You are going to LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
Anke said…
I love the poncho!! I'd never seen the pattern before, but I'm going to bookmark it now. Perfect for those colder days when you need an extra layer of warmth. Great yarn haul, too. :-)
flyingjen said…
Wow! Look at all of your goodies! Our mama crafting group is going to a knit show in April and I'm carefully making a list of yarn that I think I must have!
Brenda said…
So excited about your haul! I miss Madison very much. (You have great thrifting up there). We have a yarn event coming here in April, I'm saving my money for yarn shopping:)
Chrisknits said…
I love the poncho. Isn't that just the way it goes, something you are extra proud of gets bypassed for praise and the focus is on something that you are so over. Hope we can give you the positive feedback here!!
Heather said…
What a great poncho, it looks so comfy!
fjord girl said…
Fantastic-looks beautiful on you. The colors and pattern, perfect Kelly!
erica said…
your poncho is gorgeous... i love the shape and colour of it!!!
Julie Crawford said…
it looks fantastic on you! And what a great smile- you look like you are loving it. :D
Love the poncho! I love all of your goodies from the Knit In!
If you're interested, I'd love to have you link up at my Yarn Fanatic Party!
http://philwife.blogspot.com/2015/02/yarn-fanatic-party-25.html
Jen Letts said…
The blue & green roving is gorgeous! Those colors are so clear and bright.
karen said…
beautiful poncho, you look so pretty! and my that collection of yarn you have, I think I would love to go yarn crawling with you!!
Erin Kate said…
beautiful! love the colors !
Paula said…
LOVE the poncho!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl