Yarn Along: Wrapped Up Scoop

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Wrapped Up Poncho
This Saturday I'm going to the Madison Knit-In. Two weeks ago when I decided I was going to go to the event I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to have a new knit to wear?" I've had the Colorflow Yarn in my stash for years and have been looking for the perfect project for the long, slow color changes. Found it! I should finish the poncho tonight or tomorrow - just in time to wear on Saturday! I don't think I'll have time to block it but I really don't think it will need it. Is anyone else out there going to be at the Knit-In?
Pattern: Wrapped Up by Susanne Sommer
Yarn: Blackberry Ridge Colorflow Yarn in colorway Santa Fe and Cascade 220 in colorway 8013 Walnut Heather (I think! Lost the tag for the 220.)


This top-down poncho has an i-cord tab cast on. I swear I had to watch the YouTube video 5 times to get the hang of the cast on. Good to learn something new, though.

Reading: Scoop by Jeff Miller
Two middle-aged guys leave their successful careers in London to revitalize and run an ice cream shop and a bed & breakfast in Hayward, Wisconsin in the middle of the Northwoods. At times I have dreamed of owning an ice cream parlor and a B&B (but not at the same time!) so I'm enjoying the read. Plenty of colorful characters keep the story interesting. Typical small-town Wisconsin life. The B&B is still in operation but it's up for sale. I'm curious to see if that is revealed in the book or if I can pick up on any impending doom.          


What are you knitting/reading this week?


Comments

fjord girl said…
Beautiful rustic color way on your shawl-looks cozy. Thanks for the book tip sounds good!
Donna said…
Awesome poncho! I love garter stitch.
karen said…
love the garter stitch striping, a design feature that I knit many times, with pendulum and color affection shawls. beautiful colors!
Julie Crawford said…
the stripes are looking great, and who doesn't love squishy and cozy garter stitch?! Great combo.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher