Lately: Early March Edition

I recently took a cheese-making class and learned how to make mozzarella and ricotta. And you know what? It's surprisingly easy! The most important thing is to get the temperature of the milk right. (Our first batch of mozzarella failed because the milk wasn't warm enough.) I'm already dreaming of making pizza this summer with fresh cheese and just-picked tomatoes and basil from our garden.


Valentine's weekend I made a really amazing dessert. It's rich and chocolate-ly and very easy to put together. I followed this recipe for Chocolate Pot de Créme and used Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa for the chocolate. I think using high-quality chocolate is key. 

Photo by Tieghan Gerard.

And speaking of chocolate, I found a new favorite. I normally don't buy flavored chocolate so I'm not sure what possessed me to buy this but I'm so glad that I did!


I've been bit hard by the travel bug. Maybe I'm just sick of winter and ready to get out of town but I can't seem to stay off of travel sites these days. My husband says I have to finish putting together photo books from our last 2 vacations before he'll take me somewhere new. Arg! I guess that's pretty good motivation to get them done. We may go back to Glacier National Park this summer. Or we may take a 6 day rafting trip somewhere. Wouldn't that be amazing?! I have my eye on a float trip down the Salmon River in Idaho. 

photo from oars.com

Do you have any fun trips planned for the summer? I would love to hear!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park