Yarn Along: A Star for Hannah

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Hannah Jacket I'm finishing the hood of my baby knit then it's onto the i-cord edging. That will be a first for me. Not sure what color I'll use. I need to poke around in my stash and see if anything will work. 
Pattern: Hannah Jacket by Nikki Van De Car 
Yarn: Newton's Yarn Country Softball Chunky

Reading: A Star for Mrs. Blake: A Novel by April Smith
A group of American mothers from very different walks of life travel to France in the 1930's to visit the graves of their sons who were killed in combat. This is an interesting look at a part of history that I was unaware of. Worth the read.


What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

Jayne said…
What a gorgeous colour for the jacket! That books sounds interesting - putting it on my extremely long list!
jsoxford.net said…
I was totally terrified of the icord edging that I just did for my first sweater, but I'm totally sold. It's so lovely. I'm really enjoying the yarn you chose here. :)
Zauberflink said…
Hi Kelly, this is a beautiful jacket! My daughter User to wear on like this for almost two years - it grew with her for a while ;-)
I'm curious how you will go with the icord edging. I love the look but never got the guts to give it a try so far. I should knit more scary things!
flyingjen said…
Super cute baby knit! I"ll have to queue that project for future babies!
Gemma said…
Gorgeous colours in this jacket!
fjord girl said…
This is lovely- the color and the yarn.
Julie Crawford said…
oooh, that Hannah Jacket is beautiful!! I love the colour you chose. I haven't read the book you are reading, but thanks for the recommendation! I like historical novels (historical form 1800s onwards, any earlier than that and my interest sort of wanders off....)
karen said…
the book sounds sad but insightful. I'll look for it. Your knitting is so sweet and a lovely color!
Lucy Bowen said…
Gorgeous jacket in a lovely colour.
Elizabeth said…
Love the jacket. It's one I have failed to get done in time before my babies were too big...twice! The book sounds really interesting

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher