Yarn Along: Heartwood Chrysalis

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Heartwood Cape
I bought this wool for a different project which didn't work out. After browsing around on Rav for a suitable project, I came up with this one which is right up my alley. Now that I know I'm going to stick with the pattern, I think I'm going to set it aside and save it for a long car ride we have coming up.
Pattern: The Heartwood Cape by Silvia Bo Bilvia (free on Rav)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool


Also Knitting: Chrysalis to Monarch
This is the start of my second topsy-turvy toy. (I knit the Egg to Penguin last month.) My mom requested this toy for her birthday. She likes to raise monarch caterpillars and watch them turn into a chrysalis and then a butterfly. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to put the vein on the leaf. I've tried 4 times now and keep ripping it out because I don't like how it look. Ugh! Frustrating.
Pattern: Chrysalis to Monarch by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash and Lily Sugar'n Cream

Reading: The Witness by Nora Roberts
I just finished this great audiobook. Super-smart teenage Liz has always followed every plan that her mother has laid out for her. Until one night when she doesn't. After witnessing a murder, Liz has to go into protective custody. Who can she trust? Liz soon discovers that she will have to run and hide for the rest of her life unless she can find a way to testify and take down the mob that is hunting her. Highly-intellectual Liz reminds me of Temperance Brennen if you're familiar with Kathy Reichs.


FO: Hannah Jacket
I just love how this toddler jacket turned out. I took a bit of a gamble in using such a crazy contrasting color for the i-cord edging but it turned out great. The jacket knit up really fast and I would love to make another one. This was my first time doing an i-cord edging and it's really not as scary as it sounds!
Pattern: Hannah Jacket by Nikki Van De Car
Yarn: Newton's Yarn Country Softball Chunky and Cascade Yarns 200 Superwash in Colorway 849 Blue-Green



What are you knitting/reading this week?


Comments

Donna said…
I like that cape! I think it will look in that yarn as well.
Sarah said…
Oh my goodness, I love that contrasting blue for the edging! It's perfect!
Amanda said…
Oh... I have about 485 yards of yellow kettle dyed wool in may stash that is 10/aran - perfect for that shawl! I'll look forward to seeing how yours is progressing! Also, I replied to your comment today about which audio books are my favorite!
mamasmercantile said…
I am so impressed with that beautiful blue edging, it really makes the jacket pop, stunning.
Lilly's Mom said…
These are such lovely projects you are working on. The shawl is so pretty in the yarn you chose. And, I love the Hannah sweater. Thanks for posting such great pattern links. My best to you :)
Ann Dolina said…
That cape looks like a fun knit. I'm really curious to see the finished product as I have some Cascade Ecological yarn on hand so maybe...
Kerry Cogan said…
I've been looking for a cape like this to knit--thanks for the inspiration! Now I just need to evaluate my stash and see if I have any yarn available to cast this on now!
Lucy Bowen said…
The contrast colour is perfect and brings the whole thing together. The heartwood cape looks great and perfect for a car journey.
Elizabeth said…
Great yarn match for the cape, Sylvia's patterns are all lovely. I have the hoodie in my queue too, must make it for the little one. Can't wait to see the butterflies!
sylvia k. said…
Ooooh, the Hannah jacket is just adorable, i love it! and i am fascinated by the Chrysalis to Monarch project, I will have to check it. We usually have caterpillars that turn into painted lady butterflies, it is such a great experience for the kids!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl