Yarn Along: A Walk in the Grove Cardi

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: Grove Mitts
I'm working on finishing up two projects that have been sitting idle for years. I just have the thumb to finish on the 2nd Grove mitt and then they are done. Click over into my Rav page to see a better picture of the amazing texture on these mitts. The pattern has some crazy charts but I love that kind of thing.
Pattern: Grove by Jared Flood
Yarn: Knit One, Crochet Too Linus in colorway 445 Copper

Also Knitting: Yellow Flower Toddler Cardigan
The cardigan is finished except for the crochet edge. I don't know how to crochet so I'm hoping someone can show me how to when I visit my LYS on Friday. It can't be that hard, right? This was a pattern that my mom saw in a magazine and thought it looked cute so she tore it out for me. Unfortunately, the mock cable rows above the flowers on the body of the cardi are only written into the back panel of the pattern. I didn't realize this happened until it was too late. I really didn't feel like ripping back so I just left it. You can see what I'm talking about on my Rav page. I looked at the pdf pattern download on Rav and it looks like the problem is fixed in that version.
Pattern: A Touch of Lace by Susan Gressman (free on Rav)
Yarn: Baby Bee Sweet Delight Baby in colorway Sunny.

Reading: A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
Earlier this summer Christian and I went on a 2-week hiking vacation in Glacier National Park. While there we picked up a book written by one of the interpretive rangers. Each night, while snuggled into our tent, I would read a chapter aloud for our bedtime story. Carrying on the tradition at home, I thought Christian would enjoy A Walk in the Woods. I read the book about 15 years ago and remembered the idiocy of the two main characters as they try to tackle one of the longest hiking trails in the world. These days I don't agree with a lot of the author's opinions but I'm still, mostly, enjoying the book.

What are you knitting/reading this week?

 

Comments

karen said…
I don't think crochet is hard so hopefully you'll be a pro :) lovely sweater and I adore the yarn of the mitts!!
Joy said…
The little flowers on that cardi are darling. Hooray for finishing projects!
Donna said…
Crochet is not difficult at all. Check out You Tube. I bet you can figure it out on your own with that alone. Good luck!
Jennifer said…
We would love to know the name of the book you read on vacation. My daughter wants to be a park ranger either an interpretive ranger or park naturalist. We are always on the hunt for national park books. I love the toddler sweater! Such a pretty yellow.
Sue said…
I would love to teach you how to crochet if you teach me how to knit!
NinnyNoodleNoo said…
If you can knit then I imagine crochet won't be particularly different (the mechanics are similar). Autumn's waiting in the wings and pretty cardis and mitts will be needed (although I keep trying not to think about that!)
Lucy Bowen said…
Two gorgeous projects, I'm sure the cable issue will be fine - just a mod! Love the colours you have.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher