Yarn Along: Lonely Madalynn

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Madalynn Cowl
I picked up this yarn at the Madison Knit-In in February and I'm excited to finally cast on for this project. I used the recommended size 5 needles for the first go-round and my gauge was WAY off. So, I dropped down two needle sizes and now I'm at least in the ballpark. Yikes. I'm still a little loose but I'm going to call it "good enough". 
Pattern: Madalynn by Leah B. Thibault
Yarn: Quince and Co. Chickadee in colorways 108 Delft (blue) and 150 Sabine (Gray)

Reading: All the Lonely People by Jess Riley
Jess is a local author and I really enjoyed her first book Driving Sideways. This book started out a little slow but now it's showing the same wit and humor that Driving Sideways does. The main character has a falling-out with her family and doesn't want to spend Christmas with just her husband so she posts and ad on Craigslist for a "family" to spend Christmas dinner with. 


FO: Grove Mitts
The mittens are two different sizes but I guess that's what happens when three years pass between starting and finishing a project. At least they both fit and, in reality, you can't really tell they're two different sizes when they're on your hands. If I knit this pattern again I would pick a yarn that is a little more defined (less haze) so the texture pops more.
Pattern: Grove by Jared Flood
Yarn: Knit One, Crochet Too Linus in colorway 445 Copper


What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

Natalie Buehler said…
Ooh, I love the colours combination of your cowl, it will look lovely when done :)
x
Your cowl is going to be fab and I adore your mittens. They are so nice!!
karen said…
LOVE that cowl pattern and i adore quince yarn in any shape or form!!
Lucy Bowen said…
I love the look of your cowl and love your colour combination. I also love the fact you have two different sized gloves!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher