Yarn Along: After Madalynn

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Madalynn Cowl
I used over 1 skein of gray yarn for the snowflake section of this cowl. Afraid of running out (I only bought 2 skeins of each color) I modified the stripe section to be 2 rows of blue and only 1 row of gray. I think, I hope, this will leave me enough yarn to finish the project.
The stripe section is boring me to tears so I haven't been making much progress.
Pattern: Madalynn by Leah B. Thibault
Yarn: Quince and Co. Chickadee 

in colorways 108 Delft (blue) and 150 Sabine (Gray)

Reading: After You by Jojo Moyes
Me Before You was my favorite audiobook of the past year so I was really excited to get my hands on the sequel. Sadly, the book is just so-so. I'm 80% done and the majority of the book has been about how pathetic Lou's life is and how she can't move on after Will's death. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because sequels are never as good, right?


In other fiber-related news, I took a class at my LYS last Saturday (an early b-day present to myself) to learn how to make a wet-felted vessel. I've knitted things and then felted them but have never tried wet-felting. Pretty amazing process, if I do say so myself. I always enjoy learning new things. Now I have a dish to hold all that Halloween candy that I've been buying.  :)


Comments

Bekah said…
Love the colors of your cowl! And those bright colors in your felted dish, they are wonderful! I was looking forward to reading After you, also, but was hesitant to purchase the book. Thanks for the honest review, I think I can wait until my library makes it available and spend my money on some more yarn!
flyingjen said…
I think both of those books are on my queue to be read. I'm almost out of brown yarn for my KAL cowl that I started with some mama's from preschool. They finished ages ago and I ran out of brown yarn. So it's hibernating for now.
Jeanettebr said…
the cowl colors are so pretty! that bowl....oh my! I would love to learn to do that. such a neat project
I really like your cowl. I have tried a tube style cowl yet, but I want to. Just found your blog this morning via the Yarn Along.
Donna said…
Your cowl is stunning! I love the colorwork. I heard Me Before You was real good. I added it to my Goodreads. It's a bummer when the sequel is disappointing.
Caroline said…
What a gorgeous cowl - isn't the Quince and Co. yarn the best thing ever?? Your felted bowl is amazing -I love taking new classes and learning a new technique.
karen said…
love love love your cowl!! and I love quince and co!!!
Cheryl said…
Shame when sequels don't measure up. Hope it picks up in the last 20%. Ever the optimist! I love your cowl. I'm not sure I've seen a double sided one before. Maybe I've not noticed. Wet felting is fun. I go through stages of making bags and purses. Lovely to work with.
Ali McDonough said…
Love your cowl! I loved Me Before You and was hesitant to read the sequel...I think I'll skip it. Some stories are better just as they are :)
Ali @ SimplySummerStreet.wordpress.com
Julie Crawford said…
your cowl is beautiful already!! I'm working on a cowl that has a similar structure right now, too. And I love your felted bowl!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher