Yarn Along: 2015 Knitting Recap

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Click HERE for project details.

In this new year I wanted to take a look back at the knitting projects I finished in 2015. I'm not sure why, but I was disappointed when I filtered out my completed projects in Ravelry and only 15 showed up. That's still more than one project a month so why do I feel like I slacked off this past year? Three of the projects that I completed had been hibernating for years and years so I think I'm most thankful that I completed those. 


Favorite Knit Gift: Egg to Penguin

 

I made this Topsy-Turvy toy for my cousin's little guy's first birthday. I have to admit, when I finished it, I had a hard time sending him off to a new home. Susan B. Anderson's toys are brilliantly designed. Instead of having a bunch of little body parts that you have to sew on at the end, she has you pick up stitches and start knitting them right onto the body. Brilliant!


Hardest Knit: Grove Mitts


This was one of the projects that took me years to finish. I had the second mitt done to the thumb and then set it aside for 2 years. So, by the time I picked it up and finished it, the mittens came out two different sizes. Why do we do this to ourselves??? I rated this as my hardest project because of the crazy charts and variety of stitches that I don't use on a daily basis.


 Most Worn Knit: Wrapped Up



This poncho is easy to wear, comfortable and warm - great for our cold Wisconsin winters! And the Colorflow Yarn created a cool ombre effect. I picked that yarn up during a vacation years ago and was waiting for the perfect project to use it in.


Favorite FO: Baby Sunnyside


In the beginning, this pattern and I just weren't gelling. After I frogged it and started over, things went much better. The Tanis Fiber Arts yarn is a joy to work with. And this sweater - just about the cutest thing I've ever knit! I can see this being passed down through the generations.




What did you knit in 2015 that you are the most proud of? I would love to hear! 

Comments

Jessica Louise said…
We really are practically neighbors! And oh, those Grove Mittens. Yikes. I tried them and tried them and failed and failed and ended up with no finished project for my mom for Christmas. I haven't given up, but I need to approach them without a deadline. So challenging! Such a chart!
flyingjen said…
I feel the same way. I looked through Ravelry when our crafting groupl compared FO's in December. I only had 8 that were finished, 3 that were started but not finished and one forever blanket square project. My goal for 2016 is to finish all that were started and start and finish those that I have yarn for.
Jeanettebr said…
you've knit so many gorgeous things! love them all...that baby cardigan gives me heart eyes. so far I'm proud of my fingerless mitts...the wool just makes me giddy.
Jessy Skehan said…
What a great idea to look back on your completed projects! I'm not even sure myself what I finished. I do a lot of quick projects when I need breaks from bigger projects or in between projects. I'll keep track this year!
karen said…
I enjoyed seeing your projects and remember so many of them, it seems like a year went quickly by. I hope 2016 gives you lots more knitting projects!
Caroline said…
I think the problem is that we want to knit ALL OF THE THINGS, so it doesn't seem like we accomplish very much, but when I look at your photos - you did all of that, by hand! You! That's amazing! :-)
kimberly bee said…
I agree with Caroline! The penguin cracks me up next to your other fancy projects, ha! So cute. Beautiful craftsmanship this year for you, that's for sure.
I understand the disappointment. I finished fewer things this past year than the year before, and even though I know I made some more complicated items, and some larger ones, and worked on my designing quite a bit, it still feels like a let down. Your work is gorgeous, though, and you should be proud of it.
Elizabeth said…
They are such great projects! Remember we do this for fun, it shouldn't make us feel bad!
Julie Crawford said…
You made so many wonderful things, and I'm impressed by the variety of projects- different types of knits, different skill levels. Way to go!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher