Yarn Along: My Kitchen Madalynn

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Madalynn Cowl
This project was set aside for awhile to work on Christmas and baby shower gifts but now I'm back at it. I had to modify the stripe pattern to 2 rows of blue and 1 row of gray so I won’t run out of gray. I almost like my way better because half of the cowl is predominantly gray and the other half is blue.
Pattern: Madalynn by Leah B. Thibault
Yarn: Quince and Co. Chickadee in colorways 108 Delft (blue) and 150 Sabine (Gray)


Reading: My Kitchen Year: 136 Recipes That Saved My Life by Ruth Reichl
I am in love with this book. Ruth Reichl was the editor in chief of Gourmet magazine when it went under. Abruptly left with no job, she finds solace in the kitchen. Each recipe begins with a Twitter post and then a short story as to how Ruth ended up making that particular dish. The recipe is written in a way that makes you want to read through the whole thing - it's not a set of directions but a story in and of itself. The little slips of paper in the above photo are all of the recipes I wish to make and I'm only halfway through the book! In the evenings I find myself standing in front of the pellet stove getting lost in Reichl's kitchen. 

The warmest spot in our house - but you have to be like a rotisserie chicken to stay here for very long!


 What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

Jeanettebr said…
I like the colors of the cowl together! Looks like a nice warm spot to stand.....for a minute or so! ha! Have a good week
Chrisknits b said…
Love the cowl!!! Makes me think, I have leftovers from my poncho!! The cowl wpuld be perfect!
Lindsay said…
Your cowl is so pretty! You might like Ruth Reichl's novel, "Delicious." It was a cute, fun read and it'll make your mouth water! :)
Evelyn Hender said…
Pretty cowl, I like the darker colourwork section :)
Elise said…
I love that design! I just finished a cowl and it was so fun to make, I must add another one to my list :)
karen said…
love the cowl that is on the needles, so squishy lovely!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher