Yarn Along: Gale to the Lost

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Madalynn Cowl
The only thing left to do on my Madalynn Cowl is kitchener stitch the ends together. I'm waiting for a quiet moment when I'm home alone to tackle that project.
Pattern: Madalynn by Leah B. Thibault
Yarn: Quince and Co. Chickadee in colorways 108 Delft (blue) and 150 Sabine (Gray)

 
Also Knitting: Gale
I just finished the front panel on my tunic. I now I need some quite time alone for this project as well since the cast on is a tubular one.
Pattern: Gale by Alicia Plummer
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore Chunky Tweed in colorway 670  



Reading: Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey 
This book follows Stella, an unhappy vicars wife, in 1940s England and Jess, a homeless young lady in modern day who stumbles on Stella's love letters from the past. A little bit of mystery. A little bit of love story. A little bit of historical fiction. A little bit of scandal. I am really loving this book.

 

What are you knitting/reading this week?

 


Comments

flyingjen said…
I am putting this book on my Goodreads queue! I never knew there were so many cast on methods until I tried to teach someone to knit earlier this week!
Zauberflink said…
I love your blues and grays and I'm really in love with all Quince yarns!
Donna said…
So many pretty projects with lovely shades of blue and grey.
Desiree said…
I love your color work in the cowl. Very beautiful.
Anonymous said…
There is a UTube Video on how to knit the kitchner stitch but you still need to be able to concentrate; hope this helps.
Julia said…
Lovely blue tones! The book sounds interesting.
steph said…
Madalynn is the one cowl I think I wear almost every day in the winter (I have a bunch, but this is the one I always grab....because it's PERFECT!!!!) You're going to love it!!!!!!!
sprite said…
What lovely blues you're knitting with...
Becki said…
I love your Gale tunic. The front of that looks really interesting. And that book sounds like it might be right up my alley. Need to check it out!
Julie Crawford said…
ooh, that Gale tunic is looking great, I love the garter stripes. And that cowl, it's so beautiful already!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher