Yarn Along: Madalynn Izel

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


I have a lot of squishy goodness to talk about so let's get started!


Knitting: Izel Hat
At the start of winter I bought a new puffy coat. Now that winter's almost over, I decided to knit a hat to go with it. My timing is impeccable. LOL. I've never had a slouchy hat before so I hope I like it.
Pattern: Izel by Veronika Jobe
Yarn: Cascade 220 in colorways 2442 Fog Hatt & 9406 Northern Landscape X


Also Knitting: A Shawl of My Own Design
A few weeks ago I took a class at the Madison Knit-In with Jen Lucas called "Design Your Own Sock Yarn Shawl." Well, this is my design! The first stitch pattern I charted and knit didn't look like much of anything so this is "take 2". Right now it's kind of hard to see if I'll like the design or not.
Pattern: (it's my own design)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage in colorway 5618 Snow


Speaking of the Madison Knit-In, aside from a pattern and some needles, this is what I brought home. I intend to make an Autumn Leaves cardigan for my cousin's baby girl with the Wonderland Yarns March Hare in colorway Cabbages & Kings. (Green is her favorite color.) I don't think I will need both skeins but I don't want to run out either. That other beautiful skein in the photo - I WON that! It's Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply in colorway Joan of Arc. I'm not sure what I'll make with it - any suggestions?


FO: Madalynn Cowl
I finally finished my cowl made with the yarn I bought at last year's Madison Knit-In! Many yarns feel too picky on my neck but this Quince & Co. Yarn is so nice. I was going to buy more this year but no one was selling it. Boo!
Pattern: Madalynn by Leah B. Thibault
Yarn: Quince & Co. Chickadee in colorways 108 Delft (blue) and 150 Sabine (Gray)



 

Comments

Jeanettebr said…
what lovely yarn and patterns! I adore your hat....and you'll be all ready for next winter ;) Have a great week!
Donna said…
Your entire post made me smile. I can't wait to see what your shawl creation turns out to be. So much squishy soft yarn!
Becki said…
Lots of terrific things. That cowl is truly wonderful looking. So soft looking, and the blue looks great on you!
karen said…
holy cow have you been busy knitting! cannot wait to see your shawl invention. and the last photo is beautiful of you :)
Julie Crawford said…
it's never too late to knit winter accessories, even if it's summer- winter is always going to be coming back around one day. ;) I love slouchy hats, I find them really comfy and easy to wear, I'm sure yours will be awesome!
kathy b said…
Your shawl design will be awesome. I LOVE the Joan of arc yarn

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher