Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Autumn Leaves Baby Cardigan 
The little one who this cardigan is being gifted to was born on Father's Day. (Her brother was born on Father's Day 2 years earlier!) I got to visit her before she was even a day old. So tiny! She has some growing to do before she'll fill out this sweater, that's for sure!
Pattern: Autumn Leaves by Nikki Van De Car 
Yarn: Frabjous Fibers March Hare in colorway Cabbages Kings
 
Reading: The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister
The Goodreads description of this book reads "Water for Elephants meets The Night Circus." I can see that! The main character is a female illusionist in the late 1800s who is brought in for murder of her husband. The chapters flip between her banter with the deputy who brought her in for questioning and her telling him her life story of the road that led her to become an illusionist. It's a very good read!

In other fiber-related news, I dyed yarn for the first time! I started with just 6 skeins because I wasn't sure how things would go but I'm very pleased with the results. 


Aren't they beautiful?! I'm still kind of surprised by how well they turned out. Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke. I can't wait to dye some more.




What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

Laura Smith said…
Oh goodness, that sweater is adorable in that green! Perfect color for a child! Also thanks for the book recommendation. Night Circus is one of my all-time favorites, so this sounds amazing! PS - I love the dying. So much loveliness in one post. Goodness!
Debbie said…
what an adorable sweater, i LOVE the color!!! your died yarn is beautiful, i like the colors you choose!!!
Donna said…
Your yarn is so pretty. Dying yarn is so much fun. That sweater is just adorable.
karen said…
goodness your yarn dyeing is beautiful!!! well done! Love your wee sweater and that GREEN!!
We have one son who was born on Father's Day (and his father's birthday) 16 years ago.

Those yarns you dyed are wonderful! I hope you keep it up and I can see what you do with them.
Melissa said…
What a lovely little cardigan! I adore the color!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher