Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: Ariana Shirt
I'm almost ready to knit the final rows of my summery shirt… just in time for fall! LOL. That's the way it goes, right?  
Pattern: Ariana Shell by Kathryn Ashley-Wright
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Pima Silk in colorway 5134


Reading: Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife by Peggy Vincent
There's a Little Free Library a few blocks from my workplace. I've driven past it numerous times but never checked it out. Last week I walked down there during my lunch break to see if it had any good books to offer. Baby Catcher caught my eye so I decided to give it a try. Oh my gosh - this book is SO good! Extremely entertaining and a little bit horrifying for someone who's never given birth. I highly recommend it! I almost want to write a thank you note to put in the Little Free Library to whomever dropped off the book.



What are you knitting/reading this week?



Comments

Debbie said…
It's pretty, the color would be good for fall!
Doula Mommy said…
Your knitting is lovely! I LOVE Baby Catcher, I read it while pregnant with my third, and while planning my first homebirth, I've had 2 homebirths after that one (3 total!) and still LOVE this book, I also work as an assistant midwife and love re-reading Peggy's stories. What a great find!
karen said…
beautiful shade of yellow just perfect for this changing weather :)
Jeannie Gray said…
Your summer top is Gorgeous!! I love the neck design.

As for the Baby Catcher, I see that book everywhere! The cover always catches my attention & I have to laugh because midwifery seems so calm and drug free yet the cover reminds me of a Guns & Roses video. I've started to pick it up a few times, but after having 2 c-sections due to complications, I was afraid the book would be too 'shame on me' -ish. After reading your comments, I may grab it the next time I stumble across it.
Julie Crawford said…
What an awesome find at the little free library! That's fantastic that it's so compelling. And I love your golden knit- it's so pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn