Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting: Striped Shawl
I started dyeing yarn over the summer and have been playing around with creating ombre yarns. I thought I would knit a shawl using my ombre yarn to see how the colors change. This is a pretty mindless knit. Just rows and rows of garter with a few short rows thrown in. I'm just about to get to the next color in my skein and I can't wait.
Pattern: Striped Scarf by Hiromi Sakurai
Yarn: Cascade 220 Worsted in colorway Charcoal Gray and my own hand-dyed ombre yarn.

Reading: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (audiobook)
Set in the year 2044, a virtual reality game called the OASIS has people scrambling to solve riddles and clues to win the fortune of the game's deceased creator. The book is rife with '80s references and, as a child of the '80s, I find this to be highly entertaining. I'm not a video game player and I don't think you need to be in order to enjoy this book. The narrator is fabulous (Wil Wheaton) and it's one of those books that leaves me wishing I had more time to spend in the car so I can keep listening.


What are you knitting/reading this week?


Comments

Caffeine Girl said…
Your ombre yarn is really pretty. That's going to be a great shawl!
karen said…
both of my kids read that book and both said that I would not like it, but I heard great things about it and I want to buck the system and read it anyway.... Your shawl is gorgeous!! love the colors :)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher