Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Knitting FO: Pussyhat
In case you haven't heard, Women's Rights Marches are happening all over the country on January 21, 2017. I know one lady who is going to the D.C. march and another is keeping it a little more local and going to Madison, WI. I'm knitting them Pussyhats to show my support.

The Pussyhat Project aims to:
  1. Provide the people of the Women’s March on Washington D.C. a means to make a unique collective visual statement which will help activists be better heard.
  2. Provide people who cannot physically be on the National Mall a way to represent themselves and support women’s rights.
To read more about the Pussyhat Project, click HERE. Such a cool idea!

Pattern: Pussyhat Project (free on Rav)
Yarn: Yarn Love Anne Shirley in colorway Sweet Tangerine and Plymouth Encore Worsted in colorway 453 Rust Roadster


In trying to use up my stash, I realized I wasn't going to have enough of the Anne Shirley yarn to get the job done so that's how I ended up with a striped hat. I think it turned out well!

One hat down, at least one more to knit! Will you join me?

 




Comments

AsKatKnits said…
I love your hat!! Well done! I have one in the works as well!
flyingjen said…
My friend Jill has made 8 hats so far and keeps getting orders for them. My mom wants to go to the DC march, but I would rather stay in Denver.
steph said…
Hat turned out great...for a great cause!!! :)
Caffeine Girl said…
I love the way your hat turned out. The stripes are awesome. I'm going to make one for a friend who is going to the march, but I'm doing it in the round!
How adorable! I love it!
Florence said…
Nice work! I'm planning on knitting a few of these as well, and going to the march here in LA.
karen said…
nice hat and now I want to make one and send it off :) I'll be stash diving over the holiday!
Julie Crawford said…
Love your hat, it turned out great and I love the stripes! You blended the new yarn in really well.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park