Yarn Along: Braving Button Loom Cowl

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Reading: Braving it: A Father, a Daughter, and an Unforgettable Journey into the Alaskan Wild by James Campbell
Wisconsin native James takes his 15-year-old daughter, Aidan, to the Arctic to help his friend build a cabin. He is hoping the hard work and harsh yet beautiful landscape will affect her as deeply as it has him. Alaska gets in Aidan's bones so the book follows the father/daughter duo as they make more adventures back to the Arctic. I am loving this book. 

Knitting: 3-in-1 Button Boots
These slippers showed up in my pattern highlights on Rav. The designer is having a KAL so I joined in. Why not? They're beautiful slippers. The construction is very unique and it's a pattern that you have to concentrate on but so far I'm loving it. The sole is double-knit so it's super squishy and thick. There's no way I'll get both slippers done by the time the KAL ends but that's okay by me.
Pattern: 3-in-1 Button Boots by Bekah Knits
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Tivoli in colorway 8 Nutmeg for the sole and Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in colorway 9004 for the rest. Yay for stash-busting!


Also Knitting: Simply Soft Cowl
This is my mindless knit for when I don't want to work on the slippers. I'm teaching a friend to knit and this is the pattern she picked out so I thought I would knit it along with her.
Pattern: Simply Soft Cowl by Melissa Thomson (free on Rav)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Longwood in colorway 13 Rose. Stash-busting again! 


Weaving!
A few years ago my mom bought me a little loom at a yard sale and it sat under my bed for the longest time. I finally dug it out and took it to my LYS where we are now having "weaving day" the 2nd Friday of every month. Right now I'm just having fun playing around with different stitch patterns. Have you tried weaving? It's pretty fun!




What are you knitting/reading this week?

Comments

flyingjen said…
That book sounds so good. I love adventure books like that. It' going into my goodreads queue.
marthahelen said…
cozy knit!! and i just requested that book from the library. thanks for sharing!
karen said…
you had me at mindless knit :) I love those the most! Gorgeous knitting :)
Julie Crawford said…
that book sounds so good!! And I love all your WIPs, the weaving is beautiful, and the cowl looks so pretty. and slippers! What a great idea.
That boot looks interedting. I love you stich bead. I always use elastics but admire the besds.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl